Re: How do you like eCos

> > very much beyond build the tools (kinda - I can't build the tools for
> > arm-thumb, only those for arm-elf), play with the configuration tool, and
>
>As someone else pointed out, the arm-elf is the more used tool
>chain. Why not go with the flow and use that?

Well, I don't have any choice, since I can't build the thumb tools and
don't believe they currently work at all. However, I was really hoping for
smaller and faster code using Thumb (especially on our ultra-cost-pared
model, where I want to use 16-bit buses). I don't really want to spend the
thousands on the ARM toolkit though (especially since it comes from
Metrowerks and to add insult to injury it has copy-protection).

>While you are waiting for your hardware i suggest you play with the
>synthetic target and do the tutorial in the documentation. Thats the

Which isn't supported under Win32. I guess I can dig out another PC and
install Linux again. *sigh*

>lot. Its much faster to go around the edit/compile/run/crash loop on
>the synthetic target.

It's hard for us to get our inputs into an emulator. We need to connect to
external hardware. Writing interfaces and abstraction layers would probably
increase the overall project size by 50% if not more.

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/