Re: How do you like eCos

Andrew Lunn <andrew.lunn@ascom.ch> wrote:

> > I'm in a similar boat, we will probably go with one of 3: VxWorks,
> > Nucleus or eCos. I've built the kernel (I think!) but now I don't know
> > what I can do:
> > How do I get my own Apps. in?
>
> Look at the Tutorial section of the documentation.

Ah yes found it. Had to do a find piped into grep to actually get it. If
it was linked off the top level contents page I might have had a
fighting chance of knowing it existed.

> > Undocumented does seem to be the problem: I've looked at eCos dev. on
> > Linux, a colleague looked at eCos dev. on Windows. Neither of us have
> > actually got anywhere yet (probably a couple of weeks of combined
> > effort). There comes a point when we give up.
>
> I personaly have not found the documentation too bad. Its terse, but
> just about all there. Comming from a Unix background, man pages etc,
> im used to it and like it.

I also come from a Unix background but if the information can't be found
then it's irrelevant whether it's terse or verbose.

Paul