Re: How do you like eCos

> As for wanting to run devtools inside Windows, the simple fact is that most
> commercial apps are for Windows. So it is a significant disruption to my
> life to have to run two OSs on two PCs. Running Linux I can't just switch
> over to the circuit diagram or our intra-office email system or MS-Word to
> update a spec document. It is an appreciable drain on productivity.

The nice thing about Unix is that its multi user and knows about
remote displays. All the people here have NT workstations on the
desk. We have one Linux box in a machine room which we all telnet into
and do development work on. It has no problem handling 7 or more
simultanious users compiler and debugging. So we get the best of both
worlds. Linux to do the serious work on and NT for Word. Turn your
spare PC into a Linux server for all your engineers to use.

        Andrew

PS don't try this with NTs telnet client, its too broken.