Re: printf

Dave Airlie wrote:

> Just to update...
>
> I've gotten a function now that dumps either a char or a string out
> through the Jeeni debugger... I can post them .. they are not exactly
> integrated into eCos... even though you can tell by them where I started
> from (newlib has some of this already)
>
> its up on http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied/ecos/jtag_output.c
>
> integrating into eCos is left as an exercise to the reader as I'm up the
> walls the moment...

This is useful, and very obviously based on newlib :-), but that's no big
deal since I've just checked and these bits were in fact written by our own
Nick Clifton so no copyright worries.

Would someone be prepared to munge this, test it and put it in a patch? We
don't have any Jeenis here so I couldn't really. One issue is that all
haldiag stuff is platform-specific, but this code would probably be usable
across all ARM platforms. But if someone is prepared to do it for one
platform, I'll see if I can extrapolate to the others.

Another is that cyg_hal_plf_jtag_getc is not written. But this would almost
certainly be all it needs:

static bool
cyg_hal_plf_jtag_getc(char *c)
{
  do_AngelSWI(SYS_READC, (unsigned int *)c);
}

Volunteers? I'd hate this useful feature to not get in.

Jifl