Re: Help me! I am a beginner of eCos

Aron wrote:

> my experiment environment is under Winnt
> I setup eCos graphical configuration tool, user tool and build tool successfully.
> And I can build my configuration completely. My target is i386 plateform.
> After building, it generates xxx.ecc and three forders (xxx_build ,xxx_install, xxx_mlt)
> Since eCos is embedded OS, how do I let it become an usable embedded OS.
> What I mean is that if I can boot the i386 machine with eCos, like linux.
> Should I burn something in ROM or something like linux kernel image ?

The i386-linux support is support for running eCos programs under linux.
Not for building linux, or a replacement for it. We call this a "synthetic"
target, since it isn't a real target.

Build for the i386 PC platform, and follow the instructions in the Getting
Started documentation (also available at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ )

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine