RE: RedBoot porting

Then RedBoot becomes a chunk of the application at that
point. What I want then, I guess, is two copies of 'RedBoot'.
An immutable copy in FLASH that provides recovery of a dead board
and a runtime copy that contains the callbacks for the OS.
The runtime copy is normally copied to RAM and run there. The
FLASH copy is just used to network boot an image if the rest
of my FLASH is dead (for development). I plan on two application
regions of FLASH to provide failsafe remote updates. The
bootstrap picks the image to load based on CRC sanity. Updates
load and verify one section before erasing the second.

Does the above sound reasonable?

Doug

<snip>