Re: RedBoot porting

> Have you looked at the flash drivers we already have?  They have
> techniques (running just the flash access functions in RAM) for this.
> The only complication is when trying to [re]program the flash that
> is actually executing, i.e. the RedBoot code itself.  For that, we
> use a version of RedBoot designed to run from RAM.

This is ok for development, but not ok for in field upgrades by
customers/installation people. Do you want me to teach my customers
how to run a RAM copy of redboot so that they can then upgrade the ROM
copy? I think not. Customers need something simple like. Boot the
system as normal, TFTP put this image and press the reset button.

        Andrew