Re: RedBoot porting

> > I'd like hal_diag_write_char() to not use the packetizing code
> > unless there's actually a gdb session active. Is there some way
> > the diag output routine can know?
>
> Use the virtual vectors, Luke.

I will, but I have to have a contingency plan for what happens
once products have been in the field for a while and the
RedBoot that's in ROM is no longer compatible (or a bug is
found) and can't be used with newer eCos applications.

> > How do the output routines in RedBoot decide whether to
> > packetize output?
>
> It all happens, almost by magic, depending on what's been
> registered.

And I have to be able to emulate that magic in my HAL output
routines when I get to the point where I can't use RedBoot due
to a bug or compatibility issue.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com