Re: RedBoot porting

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 06:04:41PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > Running RedBoot from RAM solves these problems, doesn't it?
>
> Yes. It just needs to be made to do that. At the moment it cannot do
> it on its own. At least the EBSA does not have a ROMRAM start option
> in its HAL.

Does RedBoot use the same vectors.S start-up code that eCos
uses?

I currently tuck some memory configurator code in the first
100H bytes in my ARM eCos apps (the space where the interrupt
vector table and the VSR tables go).  I was planning on doing
something similar with RedBoot: A block of code starting at
address 0 (where the interrupt vectors will later reside) will
reconfigure memory and copy RedBoot into RAM, then jump to it.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com