Re: Regarding to eCos on VRC4373

Ling Su wrote:
> Can you disclouse which vr4300 based board is running eCos, I am just
> curious since I didn't find any supported platform on eCos website except
> the vrc4373 evaluation board.

Sorry no, nor is it publically available in any case.

> I briefly checked the platform code, I didn't find any specific point to
> modify since the Macro define CYG_LSBFIRST or CYG_MSBFIRST looks to me take
> care of a lot of endian issues. I am just wondering why the Little Endian
> mode is illegal for VR4300 platform. What I can think of doing first is to
> try to enable it and make the monitor, is that doable?

Well, that's where to start, but you may find that some platform code makes
assumptions about the endianness. The only way is to try and see, but if
you say you can only blow one EPROM, this may limit your options :-/.

> Since I found the PMON comes together with NEC board is Little endian, can I
> just complile the eCos lib in Little endian mode and debug it using PMON?
> Any comments on this way? Thanks a lot!

It's worth a go. If you do this, remember to set CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR
to PMON.

Jifl
Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine