Suitability of eCos

Hello,

I am building an application that has to handle very high data rates in the
range of a couple of tens of Million bits/sec and handle data frames of
durations as low as a millisecond.
This will require me to have OS clock as high as 10000 ticks/sec. The whole
thing is going to run in an embedded system with a real time operating
system.
The problem I am facing is,

1. How do I decide which real time operating system I have to choose.

2. I want to know the kind of applications for which eCos is most suitable
for.
    As most of u are building appications for various real time systems
there would have been some features of eCos that made it
particularly suitable for ur applications. Can u guys explain what prompted
u to choose eCos as the rtos for ur applications.

Can u direct me to some resourses on the net that will help me in deciding
the rtos that will be most suitable for applications of my kind.

bye,
Indrasena

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com