Re: Re: Little Endian GDB stub for VRC4373

Hi, Dear Pengyu and others,

With the enlightment of Penyu's email, I decided to go ahead to bring up the
Little Endian GDB stub. I also take a look at the platform dependent code, I
didn't find any specific part to be modified. The LSBFIRST and MSBFIRST
macro definiation guards all the related type definition and address
mapping. I changed the ecos.ecc for the CFLAG after I generate it by apply
the "stubs" Template. Then I go ahead change the
./install/include/pkgconf/hal_mips_vr4300.h make the LSBFIRST become default
setting. Then I execute make for the gdb_module.bin, it generated
successfully. Unfortnately, it doesn't work after I replace it with my only
stub on board. I trace the PCI bus by using LA, no signal pin is active, so
it doesn't execute at all. I am wondering what happened, so I think it would
be better to make a Big Endian stub first before I jump for the little
endian one. In my memory, I have never make a good stubs before by using my
own configuration. I tried "ecosconfig new vrc4373 stubs" on the new CVS
repository and some old ones which I am working on. To my surprise, no one
works. (I did remember to change the JP66 for the endian issue).

Now, I am quite confused on how to make my own GDBstubs work. Since looks to
me, even the default big endian version doesn't work at all. I am using the
binary one provided in ecos-1.3.1 release till now due to my failure on
building it. Have anyone experienced the same problem? or how to resolve it?

Pengyu, could you please do me a favor to send a little endian stub to my
private mailbox? I hope I could get a working one and take a try.

Thanks for everyone prvoiding valuable hints!

Regards,
-Ling