Re: How to run eCos in SMDK41100 board

> > But ignore the instructions on how to build for arm-thumb, because it
> > doesn't seem to work with any downloadable version of the gcc source tree.
> > Build the regular arm-elf version.
>
>If you are referring to the change in gcc that meant that you could no
>longer configure gcc for "thumb-elf", and instead using regular arm-elf
>tools with -mthumb, then that was fixed quite a while ago.

Two things:

1. When is "quite a while ago"? The last time I tried it was about two
months ago, maybe less. TTBOMK there has not been a new gcc release since
then...?

2. Correct me if I misunderstand the situation, but the state of affairs
with the current versions of gcc and binutils seems to be that you can
configure binutils so that it will support assembly of thumb instructions
(with -mthumb to gas) but gcc will not take advantage of this. So you can
only take advantage of thumb if you are writing in assembler, meaning that
thumb support is basically broken at this time.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."