RE: ROM startup on EBD7212

Sometimes i have seen problems where you can change options in the config
tool, save them, and they dont get reflected properly in the build tree.
usually saving to a new location and generating a new build tree seems to
resolve this.

Just some odd things to check, maybe look at your install/lib/target.ld and
verify that in the MEMORY section you have a line for rom, also make sure
your .rom_vectors map to that.

You say objcopy, i assume you mean arm-elf-objcopy. I dont think the two are
interchangeable, but then again i've never tried. Before you perform this
step, take a quick look at the disassembly:

arm-elf-objdump --disassemble image.exe | less

and verify the address on the left corresponds to your rom.

Worst case, you can push out serial data manually with two lines of
assembly. I would toss that in vectors.s right before PLATFORM_SETUP1 just
to verify that the board is hitting the reset vector and getting into eCos
land. The fact that it isn't making it through hal_hardware_init() (where
the diag LED gets turned on) makes it sound like either a linking or a
flashing problem.

-Dan