RE: Compiler erros with cygwin

Hello Masashi,

>   Command Execution Error
>   extracting pkgadd.db:
>   /usr/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
>   /usr/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
>
> I can't guess the cause of this error. Does anybody have any
> advice? Any hints are welcome.

I had the same problem and tracked it down to the ecosadmin.tcl script,
that is used to add packages.

The solution is to do it by hand. That is to do the following in
the 'packages' directory of the eCos installation:

 gunzip < 'your'.epk | tar xvf -

Now manually add the pkgadd.db file to the ecos database ecos.db.

Olaf.