Re: network support

Gary Thomas wrote:

> Using the ConfigTool
>   Select Build->Templates
>     Hardware Platform = Cirrus Logic Development Board
>     Template = RedBoot
>
>   Select Build->Packages
>     Add 'Generic FLASH memory support'
>
>   Select Build->Packages
>     Add 'Common ethernet support'
>
>   Adjust platform details for EDB7212
>
> Or, just use the attached binary image

Thank you for your help and short response time, Gary,
I've built redboot.bin using the indications for ConfigTool
(windows based) you give, loaded it into the flash. To
test it I run an hyperterminal (bauds 34800, 8-n-1).
When I ureset+wakeup the board, the terminal remains
idle, and the diag1 led doesn't light on. When I use
the redboot_EDB7212_ROM.bin binary image you've
attached to your message instead, things get better (diag1
led lights on) but I get the following error message on my
hyperterminal screen:

 +
RedBoot(tm) debug environment - built 14:11:28, Oct 26 2000
Platform: Cirrus Logic EDB7212 (ARM 720T)
Copyright (C) 2000, Red Hat, Inc.

RAM: 0x00000000-0x00fd7000
FLASH: 0xe0000000 - 0xe1000000, 128 blocks of 0x00020000 bytes ea.
FLASH configuration checksum error or invalid key
Can't get BOOTP info - network disabled!
RedBoot>

Do you know what did I wrong?

In case this might help: if instead of running an hyperterminal, I use a cygwin
bash shell from which I run arm-elf-gdb I can
load and execute he hello test example correctly.

Fano