RE: New to multi/embeddedICE

I am also new to the Multi-ICE. However, as I understand it, unlike the old
EmbeddedICE unit, the EPI JEENI, etc., the Multi-ICE hardware has almost no
intelligence in it. The intelligence lives inside a piece of software called
the Multi-ICE server. The server talks to client programs via Remote
Procedure Call (RPC) protocol. This protocol is not compatible with RDI. See
chapter 2 of your Multi-ICE manual.

A possible workaround for now is to use the latest version of the ARM
debugger. I have been told that with some (somewhat harsh) limitations, the
ARM debugger can debug the elf images produced by gcc 2.95.2 and binutils
2.10.

Paul Kovitz
Senior Systems and Software Engineer
Sharp Microelectronics of the Americas, 5700 NW Pacific Rim Blvd., Camas, WA
98607