Re: DOS filing system

Hello Wilson,

> > but you need to do all the disk-banging yourself. (The good news is that
> > FAT12/16/32 are all pretty easy to support, especially if you don't
>
>Do you have any good resources as a starting point for FAT16 and FAT32?

I will be happy to give you (or any other list members) my collated
"research materials" on FAT12 and FAT16; it's all you really need to
implement the FSs. I'm not sure that I can give you my document on FAT32,
as it is labeled "Microsoft Company Confidential"; I'll check on it (the
document may have been released publicly since I received it a couple of
years ago!). However I am leaving Thursday morning for a conference and I'm
rather busy until then. Do you mind waiting until the weekend (Monday at
latest)?

David, would you like to be copied on that?

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."