Re: Size?

>>easier to build a set of tools that run as native Win32 applications. This
>>would avoid a host of weird line termination issues, having to run inside a
>>special environment, etc.
>
>Boy!, I am hopeful that one of these days, the CygWin folks would
>act together, and once for all, fix this line termination issue.

There's another thing that puzzles me: Why make the distinction between
text-mode and binary-mode mounts at all? Why not have _only_ binary mounts,
and tell people they MUST use a UNIX-compatible editor to edit anything
they intend to use in cygwin? It would be so much simpler than the current
system, wherein the same file can be handled differently according to the
particular path you follow to get to it (argh!!!)

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."