Re: AW: Knows anyone a location, where I can download an i386-target crosscompiler for a i686-cygwin host machine?

Hansjörg Petriffer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I have updated my Cygwin to version 1.1.8 and now configure is
> working without problems. But make isn't working.
> On a certain point (
> make -w all-gcc install-gcc \
> LANGUAGES="c c++" 2>&1 | tee make.out )
>  I receive an error message from make. Can anyone help me, how I can solve
> the problem.

This is a Windows line ending problem that has occurred due to the patches
applied. You can either:

- try remounting your sources directory (using the Cygwin "mount" command)
in text mode

- cd to the top of your gcc source tree and run this command from cygwin:

find . -type f -exec tr -d '\r' < {} > flibble \; -exec mv flibble {} \;

and leave it running.

or

- delete that source tree, unpack it afresh, and reapply the patches,
taking care that the directory specified by you TMPDIR, TMP or TEMP
environment variables (or failing that /tmp) is a directory mounted in
cygwin in binary mode. Use the Cygwin "mount" command to check. And make
sure the sources themselves are in a directory mounted in binary mode.

Jifl