Re: AEB: GDB vs. ROM monitor dilemma

> Marco> Symptoms: When running the target application inside GDB
> Marco> (Insight), things work as expected.  When communicating with
> Marco> the on-board ROM monitor (v0.01) via a terminal application
> Marco> (minicom), however, execution typically immediately branches
> Marco> through zero (as remarked upon by the monitor, followed by a
> Marco> reboot).
>
> Are you running an eCos app by downloading it with the board monitor's
> download command? If so, you will need to hack the eCos startup (I
> think including stubs should suffice) so the board will be properly
> initialized. The board monitor does not leave the board in the state
> expected by eCos applications.
>
> Jesper

Can you elaborate more on this? What exactly is the "state expected by
eCos applications"? I would think that a boot monitor should initialize
the board HW in an appropriate way!? Has it to do with VSR? Are there
any hints/explanations in the eCos docs?

Wolfram
--
Wolfram 'L.A.' Kattanek     Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und
Email:       LA@imms.de     Mechatronik-Systeme (IMMS) gGmbH

This mail sent through IMP: imp.imms.de