Re: Question about boot loading and so on

Hansjörg Petriffer wrote:

> If I compile ecos (default configuration for i386) with the configuration
> tool, the only things that I receive are the object files and librarys.
> isn't it? If I make the tests than I receive exe files. Are this the image
> to load on the board where ecos is running or can I use only with the gdb
> module?

You load the gdb_module from a floppy. Then the eCos test exes that were
built with the default i386 configuration can be downloaded to the target
PC over a serial line.

Alternatively, you can create a new build directory, choose the default
configuration for i386 but then change the configuration option
"CYG_HAL_STARTUP" from RAM to FLOPPY. Then when you build the tests in that
configuration, they _should_ be able to be written straight to floppy. A
few people have reported some difficulties with this admittedly.

> Until now I have found something in the case when I wan't use the gdb

"wan't" -> "want to"? or "won't" ?

> module.
> Can anyone say me, where I can find more about that in the docu?

The Getting started manual is the best guide (for some value of best :-/ -
our docs are in need of an overhaul).

Jifl