Re: Problem downloading eCos

> > ./gencodes.exe /src/gcc/gcc/config/arm/arm.md > tmp-codes.h
>
>Looks suspiciously like our old friend the CRLF problem. It's barfed on the
>very first non-comment line.

Hmm, I find out that what I thought was a stupid mistake on my part isn't
after all.

What gives? I load that file in vi and it tells me [dos]. Yet, it tells me
the same thing for all the other files, and they don't cause problems. I
use tr -d '\r' and now the compile process goes further (it's running while
I type this).

Why does this one file cause problems? Does "gencodes.exe" open the machine
descriptor file in binary mode?? If so, it's broken for cygwin. Is it
something that's supplied with cygwin, or part of the gcc distribution?

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."