Re: RedBoot sends continuous ACKS in TIME_WAIT state.

> Following __tcp_close() on a socket, the RedBoot TCP stack
> exchanges a continuous stream of ACKs with my Linux box.  The
> RedBoot socket is in the TIME_WAIT state.  Do we really want to
> send out ACKs in TIME_WAIT state?

For some reason, RedBoot is performing and active close. When I wrote
the tcp stack, it was for a gdb stub which was always going to keep
the connection open for as long as the other end wanted, so I don't
think active closes have ever been tested. There is probably a bug in
that part of the tcp stack. On the other hand, RedBoot should not be
doing an active close in the first place.

--Mark