Re: Re: Question for arm-elf-gdb debugger

> > I have compiled the program and tried to download it with the
> > arm-elf-gdb, ( ARM Angel has been selected as the connection mode) after
> > I download and run the program, The program is running without problem

If you are using Insight 5.0 then please update to a CVS snapshot. 5.0 has
known instabilities running with Angel. Or you can update your embedded
system with GDB stubs/RedBoot instead.

If neither of these are possible then ensure that you are running your
serial connection at 9600 and use console-mode gdb, gdb -nw (this is the
most stable it's going to get, but it's still very fragile).

> > If I am using Insight Debugger what should I do with the eCos GDB stub?
> > what's is it used for?

The GDB stub is the embedded-system-side back-end that Insight talks to. At
the moment you are using Angel as your back-end.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."