Re: Re: Red Hat eCos and RedBoot news

Julius Vanderspek wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> A few months ago I ported eCos to the TriMedia TM1300
> (www.trimedia.com), and I would like to publish the
> results on your website.
>
> The problem is, however, that we maintain an ANSI SDE for
> our TriMedia processors, and this SDE does not support
> the gcc extensions; therefore I had to make
> a few patches in the directories that actually should not
> have been touched during porting. Most of these patches are
> in the build files. See also the attached port log for getting
> an idea on what I changed. I have also attached the complete
> ported source base for further reference.
>
> Do you have any suggestion on how to handle such a non-gcc port?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Juul VanderSpek,

You're some kind of clown.  What made you think the whole list needed to receive
16mb worth
of irrelevent source code?
If you accidentally sent it to the ecos list then that's forgivable but be more
careful next time.
If you deliberately sent a 16 mb attachment with the hope the the ecos community
would be
interested in taking a look at your problem, then you were sorely mistaken.
I just waited a few hours for my email to come down thanks to your massive
attachment.  THINK.

cheers,
            Jeff