Simulation

Hi,

I'm working with arm7tdmi, i new in ecos, i need
simulate the basic programs, but i have problems with
this. My questions are:

Can I use linux Linux synthetic target for my
simulation? The performance of ecos on this target is
equal that in ARM, ie. Interrupts??

The compilation of toolchain for linux is required??

Thanks

Carlos Camargo