Re: Memory Layout

Hi, Thomas:

> Question: if you are building a custom board and shipping a bundled
application
> with it, why would you _not_ want RedBoot, even in the final product?

     First, I don't know whether it will cost down the performance or not.

     Second, it will require extra flash memory to hold it.

     Third, I want to replace redboot with my hardware check code in final
product. when power on, it will run code to check hardware, if the hardware
is all OK, then load eCos to RAM from flash memory and run eCos
automatically. it seems RedBoot doesn't support it.

Regards,
James