Re: telnet-server under ECOS

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:26:45AM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:

> > I need telnet-server sources under eCos. Who can help me ?
> > marek lacki@rts.com.pl
>
> We have no "telnet server", per se, as this makes little sense for the
> eCos world.
>
> Exactly what were you wanting to do with it?

Many embedded devices have character mode command interfaces
for status/control through "console" serial ports. The same
interfaces work quite well via telnet.  E.g. you telnet into a
router or printer or whatever to configure it instead of going
the web-page route.  I can manage a usable telnet session on my
PalmPilot.  Trying to do web stuff is generally pretty futile.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com