version of gcc for NEC MIPS VR4300

--

The documentation for
"Building the NEC MIPS VR4300 development tools for Windows"
(an the one for Linux for that matter) states:

The GNU Compiler Collection web site contains plenty of information
about installing and using
GCC. Unfortunately the most recent official release (GCC 2.95.2) is not
capable of supporting eCos
for NEC MIPS VR4300. A snapshot of the GCC development sources should be
used to obtain the
most up-to-date compiler with new features and bug fixes.

eCos has been tested with the 2000-03-13 snapshot, but it is likely that
later snapshots will fix bugs
that have not yet been discovered. If you have compiler problems you may
wish to consider updating
to a more recent snapshot, or reverting to an older one.

Unfortunatley, I could not find the 2000-03-13 snapshot.

Has anybody used a more recent snapshot (like dated 2001) that you
know works for the MIPS VR4300?  Please email to me, as I am
not on the list.

Thanks,

	-- Warren

Warren J. Jasper