Loader and Disk Geometry (x86)

I'm getting some information about problems with the bootstrap loader
from my hardware vendor.  It turns out that the disk geometry of their
flash isn't that of a floppy, and therefore, the int13 code doesn't
work correctly.

I'm going to make some changes to the loader to handle this as long as
no one else has already done it.

Anyone fixed this problem yet?