Re: Loader and Disk Geometry (x86)

Hi!

> I'm getting some information about problems with the bootstrap loader
> from my hardware vendor.  It turns out that the disk geometry of their
> flash isn't that of a floppy, and therefore, the int13 code doesn't
> work correctly.

It doesn't work at all - HDD is not a floppy, and STUB configuration (as used
for floppy config) doesn't suite for big application.

> I'm going to make some changes to the loader to handle this as long as
> no one else has already done it.
>
> Anyone fixed this problem yet?

Yes, I'd make a pack of loaders, but I can't send it on list (archive is a
big enought to not to post it on list), so I can send it directly to anyone
who can place it in some public accessible place.

Roman.