Re: Separate the heap from bss section

Ho Shui Choy Stanley PS03B NCS wrote:

> I have done that but it is still not used. I have specify that the heap size
> be 128KB and the fall back memory pool size is 64KB. When I use the
> mallinfo, it reported that the size was only 64KB.
>
> below is from the generated from the build in pkgconf/heaps.hxx

[snip]
> #define CYGMEM_HEAP_COUNT 0
[snip]
> Should the heap count be 1 instead of 0?

Yes, but changing it by hand won't do the right thing. Try deleting the
heaps.cxx file in the services/memalloc/common/current build directory. The
problem you are seeing may be associated with this FIXME in the CDL:

       # FIXME this should have a dependency on mlt_headers, but CDL
doesn't
        # permit custom build rules depending on phony targets

Jifl