Re: redefinition of `struct mallinfo' when building application

Ivan Jakab wrote:

> How come I have no malloc.h in my eCos build? Did I miss something in the
> configuration file? How come "struct mallinfo" is defined in stdlib.h? Sorry
> for all this questions... They're just jumping from the top of my mind...
> ;-)

Yes, this came up internally recently. Here's what I said then:

-=-=-=-
The mallinfo() stuff could
be moved to a separate malloc.h within isoinfra/ at any point we want,
independently of the users of it.

But there is the problem that mallinfo() is not in POSIX, nor in the
upcoming revised POSIX standard incorporating some SVID stuff, nor at
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/toc.htm. So I simply don't know
what any standard requests, or whether it is, in fact, completely
implementation defined. Certainly I believe linux uses <malloc.h> whereas
BSD uses <sys/malloc.h> so the issue is not clear.

Certainly we do not want to provide all the functions already in
<malloc.h>. Only mallinfo(). Which is also okay for EL/IX level 1.

So until I have accurate information, I don't want to provide a new header
which we may have to obsolete in future, which is why, for now, it is in
stdlib.h.
-=-=-=-=-

Jifl