Re: fail to compile using GCC

Piteir wrote:
> I try to compile using:
> arm-elf-gcc -g -o hello.exe -I/c/usr/include hello.c
> -L/c/usr/lib -T/usr/lib/target.ld -nostdlib
>
> but got error message that cannot find "target.ld"
> file, I have tried to find it and still cann't find
> it.

/usr/lib isn't the right path (nor is /c/usr/include nor /c/usr/lib). You
should be pointing at the eCos "install" directory which you would have
built from within the configuration tool.

> -is it possible that something wrong when I built the
> ARM development tools for windows? or this is another
> kind of problem?
>
> -also I got confused because the real syntax example
> for compiling is like:
> arm-elf-gcc -g -o 'filename'.exe -IINSTALL_DIR.
> what INSTALL_DIR here supposed to be, the cygwin or
> eCOS dir?

Your eCos install directory.

> -I also try to build the tests from eCOS configuration
> tools but fail to run that, I got warning on "set
> remotedebug"

You can ignore this warning.

> and some errors so I use cywin to run the
> tes and success, is the anyone know how to fix this so
> can be run in eCOS configuration Tool.

You'll have to be more specific about the errors.

Jifl