Re: Anybody help me ! CVS MBX860 Ethernet NOT working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, reposting your problems does not make the answer fall out of the
sky. If anyone had the answer handy, they'd probably have posted it by
now.

Tony> hi.  I'm trying to port mbx860 ECOS supports Ethernet on my
Tony> custom mpc860 platform.  I made Ethernet supporting ECOS imgae
Tony> by downloading TCP/IP Stack on CVS.  (I downloaded MBX ECOS
Tony> Source from CVS too.)  But Ethernet on ECOS does not work.

Tony> For example, I made ping_test test program runs on ECOS.  And I
Tony> downloaded ping_test program on my mpc860 platform by GDB and
Tony> ran it.  But "Program received signal SIGTERM, Terminated. "
Tony> message was printed on GDB window.  I think It's from a kind of
Tony> TRAP interrupt.  Of course ping_test program seemed not to work.

Tony> I debugged source and I knew It happens when "ioctl( )" function
Tony> processes in "init_all_network_interfaces( )" function.

Tony> But there is NOT this kind of problem with ECOS-1.3.1 source.

Tony> So what's the problem at CVS source?

You have started debugging, apparently - follow the problem to the
source. No one better suited than you for that task, given that you
are using a custom platform...

FWIW I know Gary made some changes last week to the MBX ethernet
RedBoot support - I don't recall if that was RedBoot-only changes, or
fixes to the ethernet driver proper. You'd have to check his posting
and/or the ChangeLogs.

Jesper