Re: gdb remote debug problem...running an ecos application...

Srinivasan Sriram wrote:

> Hello!
> Could someone help me fix this problem -
> I use Linux as host and PC as target.
> Using
> dd conv=sync if=./gdb_module.bin of=/dev/fd0h1440
> I copy the .bin file on to a floopy.
> I connect my host to target via a null modem cable.
> When my target PC boots from this floppy, I see the
> following line on the target monitor-
> ++$T0508:a43.....and so on.

This looks right.

> I type i386-elf-gdb -nw hello, then I get the (gdb)
> prompt.
> I type the following -
> (gdb) set remotebaud 38400
> (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS0
> Ignoring packet error, continuing....
> Ignoring packet error, continuing....
> Ignoring packet error, continuing....
> Couldn't establish connection to remote target
> Malformed response to offset query, timeout
> (gdb)load
> You can't do that when your target is 'exec'.
>
> ----
> 1.Is this due to mismatch of baudrate of host and
> target?
> Setting baudrate to 19200 gives me the same output.
> 2. How do I run my application on the target?

It could be a serial overrun. Try again with "set remotedebug 1" fist
before the target remote and post the results here.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/