Re: Porting HAL

K> Hi, The CPU on my board is MPC8240.

K> Once I write my HAL, port redboot, gdb stubs etc. how can I start
K> to debug these components...

You can't. Chicken & egg problem. When writing the debug environment,
you do that blind, so to speak.

You can use LEDs initially, but your primary priority will be to get
the HAL serial driver working so you can use diag_printf() and later
the stub code.

Oh, if you're lucky you have hardware debugging - a JTAG or similar
gizzmo. In that case, you use whatever debug environment came with it.

Jesper