RE: odd serial input bug in redboot 095308 20010607 on iP

I can confirm that hardware flow control has to be turned off in Windows
2000 Professional as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Gary Thomas
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 9:47 AM
To: David Bliss
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] odd serial input bug in redboot 095308 20010607 on
iP

Can you try this experiment for me?

Cold reset the unit.  Presumably, the serial won't be working, but
don't touch it or the touch screen.  After a few seconds, the LCD
should blank out.  Then try typing on the serial.  Does the LCD
come back on?

Another thing - do you have hardware handshaking (flow control) turned
off?  I've found this necessary, at least on my Linux machines.