RE: GDB Source Listing

I did add my own that just returns 0, and it displays my source just
fine now!

-----Original Message-----
From: jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com
[mailto:jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Larmour
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 12:35 PM
To: Trenton D. Adams
Cc: 'eCos Discussion'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] GDB Source Listing

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> But I've never had this problem with GDB before!  I used GDB a fair
> bit while in school, and it always displayed my source code perfectly.

> Is it just happening with the GDB compiled for each embedded system?

It's because eCos comes with a default main() that's used if the user
doesn't supply their own. GDB gets confused and when the user does
supply their own, it can still display the default one.

You can work around it by editting
language/c/libc/startup/current/src/main.cxx and renaming the main
function there to something else.

Jifl
--
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||