Re: cyg_io_lookup () and handles

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Ok, this is fine.  But does this mean I'm going to have to go looking
> through the sources just to find what handles I can use?  After all,
> isn't a handle just an unsigned integer identifier?  Or is it just the
> "/dev/ser1" kind of thing?

I assumed you were referring to the latter.

> In which case I could call mine
> "/dev/mySuperWirelessDeviceThingy"! LOL

The chances of a collision given the small number of names is miniscule. An
d in any case, since you are presumably going to test your code before you
put it in an embedded device, you'll know soon enough if it can't even find
the device, nevermind use it!

jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/