Re: NASTY bug in eCos ConfigTool 1.3.1.2 Win32

>There are all sorts of wonderful host side improvements and new tools that
>would help users a lot, but they won't happen without some level of
>(paying) customer demand.

Then why doesn't Red Hat ask for expressions of interest in group funding
for eCos? Set a deadline, and say that if "x" EoI's are received by that
date, everybody's credit card will be charged $99.95 or whatever and work
will begin. Everyone who subscribes gets a vote. Work priorities are set by
each individual to-do item's popularity, as measured by votes cast by
subscribers.

Individual hobbyists and people experimenting with eCos can't individually
supply the funding for ports and other work. But collectively a fairly
small number of them would suffice to fund a lot.

You can preserve the revenue stream from your existing large customers by
the fact that they get individual tech support.

Yes, we could get together as individual hobbyists and form a corporate
entity, but that would involve lots of bickering and it's unlikely to
happen. Easier if the central entity is RH itself.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay about $20 a month for this, or maybe as
much as a $200 one-time (annual?) charge (Yes, I know $20 x 12 > $200).

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)