Re: ARM Development with multi-ice from South Africa

On 19 Jun 2001, at 13:39, Jason van Aardt wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> We are working at the moment with the ARM Intergrator and Evaluator
> Boards from ARM, with the the MULTI-ICE and ARM SDT.
>
> We would dearly like to move to GNU tools, and ECOS, however we cannot
> seem to get a system up and running to evaluate.
>

> We are using ARM7TDMI cores, and have managed to recompile the
> crosscompiler,
> the debugger etc  etc under both Linux and Cywin.
>
> However we have only got the GDB debugger working with Redboot on the
> Evaluator via the Serial Port, and have been stuggeling for the past
> week to try get hold of the GDB-Multi-ice-Server, in order to use our
> much loved ICE.
>

> Has anyone gone through the excersise that we are trying to
> perform?????
>
> THe problem seems to stem from the fact that the WEB page at Redhat
> about using ARM platforms with the MULTI-ICE is not accurate as it
> refers to a subdirectory in GDB called "multi-ice" that does not exist
> in any of the GDB's/ GNUPRO Tools /EDK's  that we have downloaded.
>

> We have ordered the GNUPRO tools, but are still awaiting their
> arrival, and we are not even sure that the server will be there either
> based on the posts in this mailing list.
>

> What are other engineers out there using to develop for ARM on?
> Are most of you using StrongARM's if so what ICE are you using and
> HOW?
>

> If there is any one out there who can point us in the right direction
> (Jonathan? or Bart?)  could you please advise as we are running out of
> time and patience at the moment.
>

> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Jason van Aardt and Stephanus van Staden
> ASIC Designer and Embedded Software Engineer

Hi,

according to our experience, the used combinations today are:

- Multi-ICE + (ARM-SDT | GreenHills Multi2000)

- EPI Jeeni + (ARM-SDT | GreenHills Multi2000 |
GCC+GDB/Insight)

- Macraigor Wiggler + (ARM-SDT | GreenHills Multi2000 |
GCC+GDB/Insight)

bye- Stefano
BlueWind                Electronic Design
I-31033 Castelfranco Veneto (TREVISO)
Via Steffani 7/B
VOICE   +39 0 423 723431
FAX     +39 0 423 744738