Re: RedBoot: discarding Ethernet frames when out of pktbufs?

Grant Edwards wrote:

> What I'm thinking about is not calling eth_drv_read() unless
> there's a pktbuf available.  I can make sure that my Ethernet
> driver does what I want when the Rx frame FIFO overflows, but
> I'm curious: would this approach will cause problems with other
> Ethernet drivers?

IMHO: It may do, but if so that's a bug. Drivers should be tolerant of the
Rx FIFO (or equivalent) filling up in case data is ever received faster
than it can be processed.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/