Re: Please help me?

[ In future CC the ecos-discuss list otherwise I may ignore you! ]

Sateesh Soman wrote:

> Hello Jonathan Larmour,
>
> Thanks for the prompt and timely reply for my previous query.
>
> Now I am facing another problem. I am trying to make a boot floppy for the i386 target. I am working on WinNT using cygwin Tools.
> I made gdb_module.bin and tried to copy it in to a floppy following the instruction given in the below site. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/x86pc.html
> But I couldn't copy it since in the root of the bash there isn't any /dev/fd0 directory.

Did you run the cygwin mount command described there *exactly*?

> I tried it from a Linux system and is able to copy to the floppy.
> When I tried to boot the target using this floppy.Some string like this("++$T0508:8380000:04;e00f0000;#1") came in the screen and the system got stuck.

That sounds right. That is the stub waiting fro a connection from GDB. Use
GDB to connect, download and run a program.

Although why not use RedBoot instead. There are even prebuilt images linked
off of http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/pcmobo.html

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/