Re: gcc builds for 5 hrs...

>the build is dead slow. It took almost 5 hrs to build the gcc itself.
>Could anyone tell me a way out..??

That does seem a bit longer than I'm used to (it takes me about half that
time on a Pentium III 600MHz/128Mb RAM/Win2000, NTFS volume); are you maybe
trying to build on a FAT volume?

As Jonathan humorously pointed out to you, building under cygwin is slower
- much slower - than building under Linux. It seems that every time a tool
(e.g. gcc) exits, one or more DLLs get unloaded and need to be reloaded for
the next tool. Sloworama.

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Tel (914) 937-4090 9am-6:30pm M-F ET
Personal: http://www.larwe.com/ http://www.zws.com/

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight
that knows not victory nor defeat."
(Theodore Roosevelt)