RE: Vendor/Device Id's in pci

> Hi
> I am going thru iq80310_pci.c file and i came across
> these lines...
>
> / *********  vendor / device id **********
>     *(cyg_uint16 *)ASVIR_ADDR = 0x113C;
>     *(cyg_uint16 *)ASIR_ADDR = 0x0700;
>
> So, my doubt is what are these values? and how these have been
> choosen?
>
> Basically, my intention is to add 82559 Net card to my redboot flash
> image(reboot.bin).

These numbers are the vendor ID and the device ID for a particular
device. Each vendor of PCI cards are assigned a unique ID, and assign
device ID's to their cards. This is so the PCI drivers can find the cards
on the bus. This is of course used for Plug & Play.

You have to find out what vendor and device ID your specific card has to
find it on the bus. One easy way could be to plug it in a system where
you can see the different PCI ID's onscreen. If it is a normal PCI card,
just plug it into a PC. Most BIOS'es (at least Award) display a list of
the PCI devices at boot-time.

/Linus