Re: Newbie - Help booting ECOS

Jesper Skov wrote:

> Nagendra> OK, I shall check it out now. But does that mean 1.3.1 does
> Nagendra> not provide booting facility at all? Or is there any other
> Nagendra> way to just boot the target and download the eCos image?
> Nagendra> Because, we face lot of problems related to download speed
> Nagendra> here.
>
> eCos 1.3.1 is very old - I'm not even sure there's a properly working
> PC HAL included in 1.3.1.

It does work. But obviously anything about RedBoot doesn't apply to this
release. If there's some reason for you (Nagendra) to 1.3.1, then you
should build GDB stubs and put them on a floppy. Do this by building for
the PC target with the stubs template. The procedure for putting on a
floppy is the same as with RedBoot.

But if you can use anonymous CVS then do. A lot has improved with the PC
target.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/