From: Jonathan Larmour [mailto:jlarmour@redhat.com]
Sent: den 28 juni 2001 19:46
To: Andersson Tord
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Multiple non-consecutive RAM regions

Tord.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem. Our ARM7 based target system has two
> non-consecutive RAM areas.
> Is there some way to make the linker utilize these two areas without
> dividing the sections
> manually between these two areas?
> I have tried to make a large RAM area covering the two RAMs with an
absolute
> reserved_empty section in
> between, but it doesnt seem to work.
> Any ideas?

You'll have to add a new memory region - right now there is "rom" and
"ram", but you could add "ram2". But the linker still can't split any
individual sections over both regions, nor work out by itself which
sections should go in which regions. If you need that level of control,
then if you have an MMU you should map the region to be contiguous in the
virtual address space. If you don't have an MMU, I don't know :-).

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/