Re: newbie question: what should happen in redboot

Piteir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Cirrus Logic EDB7211. I have download the
> GDB stub to my board and run the "hello" example from
> my PC (using cygwin & arm-elf-gdb) and I got hello
> sting in my PC sreen. (I use Template: default, and
> strtup: RAM and also enable the serianl driver port 1
> for the eCos configuration setting).
>
> Then I tried to build Redboot (with steps: Template
> Redboot then import Redboot_ROM for my board) I have
> succefully download redboot to my board.
>
> I have download the hello example (in SREC format)
> using YMODEM to my board with redboot using this
> command:
> load -m ymodem
>
> then I try to run the hello example using: go
> but nothing happen to my PC sreen and my board just
> hanged there.
>
> I really don't know what should happen if I execute
> it, can anyone tell what should happen?

It should print hello world. Try connecting from GDB instead and seeing
what happens in that case. If something is still wrong you can then also
try debugging it.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/